Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tranporting a report and use of AFTER_IMP - function

norbert_weber
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

after transporting a report I want to automatically let start an action.

My ambition:

Before I start the transport I check that the report isn't running and isn't planned to run in any productive system. Then I set a flag which prevents the start of this report in the productive systems.

After import in each productive system I would like automatically let reset the flag.

My try:

Use sobj to create an object which has an after_imp function. But how can I bring them together?

Probably it's the wrong approach.

Has anybody any idea?

Thank you

Best Regards

Norbert

5 REPLIES 5

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you insert into the transport request this:

R3TR XPRA (REPORT_NAME)

The report is run as last step...

Let we know

Bye

sambarza

0 Kudos

Thank you, that's a very helpful tip.

So I would have to add a report (which resets the flag) to the transport objectlist.

That's really good, but not yet the ideal situation I would like to reach.

Could I somehow automatically insert this reset-report when modifying a certain report?

Best Regards

Norbert

0 Kudos

Hi,

My idea was to insert automatically the XPRA during the insert of the object into a request (function RS_CORR_INSERT) but there are no customer exit...

there are no customer exit also during the release of a request... (function TR_RELEASE_REQUEST)

the only way seems a repair, it's soo important?

bye

sambarza

0 Kudos

No, it's not enough important for a repair, just nice to have.

Do I understand you right.

Your idea was, to insert a XPRA when the report gets modified. The function RS_CORR_INSERT handles that, isn't it.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Norbert

0 Kudos

Yes RS_CORR_INSERT is called to insert the object in the request (very quick check)

ciao

sambarza