Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking record creation in BKPF with Change Document Object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have requirement in which i need to track the entries that will be created or changed in BKPF table and copy that to another table.

I was able to find that the changes are recorded when using Change Pointers with change docuent object : BELEG

But i can't find any insertion records being created in CDHDR and CDPOS when a record is created.

Can anyone please guide me to track BKPF table insertion using change pointers.

Regards

Ninan

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ninan,

Just for your Reference Purpose check this Link

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/Change+Document

also check in "CDHDR" Table --> "CHANGE_IND"  field

CHANGE_IND = 'I'   mean u Insert a New Record  .

UUpdate
IInsert
EDelete (Single Field Documentation)
DDelete
JInsert (Single Field Documentation)

Regard's

Smruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

also check dis link for how to link BKPF and CDDHR " http://scn.sap.com/thread/683375

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Smruti.

I have checked the tables while creating the FI posting but no entries are there in the

entire CDHDR table with field CHNGIND = 'I'  during and object : BELEG.

But when i change the same record the tables are being hit with CHNGIND = 'U'.

Can you tell me is there any STEP or METHOD i should activate or do  to make the entries

updated in CDHDR and CDPOS tables during record creation in BKPF i.e FI posting

Regards

Ninan

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change documents and change pointers are two different things. Change documents are normally created for changes only (hence the name). Otherwise imagine the size of CDHDR table if an entry was created every time a document got created in SAP (it's not just for accounting documents, it tracks pretty much everything).

Use creation date/time field (e.g. BKPF-CPUDT / CPUTM) to identify newly created documents.