Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toggling Issues in ME21N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement.

In Transaction ME21N, i have added some custom fields in a custom Tab.

The problem is that, while toggling, it's showing probllems.

When i go to ME22N and toggle, the custom fields are still showing in edit mode. The same persists for ME23N but in display. How do i solve this?

What code should be written and where??

Regards and Thanks in Advance.

Steven

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the PBO of the screen/subscreen containing your custom tabs, are you checking the transaction code and protecting/un-protecting accordingly?

A better way might be to check the T180-TRTYP value relating to the transaction code - in some transactions, this field (may be referenced with/without the T180- prefix or sometimes passed in communication structures but seems to be always TRTYP.

If this field is available to you then test that instead of a TCode. If I remember correctly, the TRTYP values are V = Display mode, A = Change mode and H = Create mode.

Hope this helps, Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

As Andy mentioned in the PBO, you can aslo check the SY-TCODE field for the transaction and you can show the custom fileds in display/edit mode using LOOP AT SCREEN.

0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

I guess you have used the BADI ME_GUI_PO_CUST for adding the customer specific fields..Could you let me know if u have used the method MAP_DYNPRO_FIELDS and mapped your fields to the customer namespace fields...

Just a wild guess..might be happening because of this if it is not done...and if it is done then as decried in earlier posts u may need to check for the transaction and change the screen fields attribute in the PBO

Regards,

Sitakant...