Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMG Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

requirement is like to maintain a custom table  for lots of records in one short with sm30  new entries

Issue : but  screen layout  was coming field by field so user has to enter value field by field

now in TMG  I changed Maintenance type  as  one step , now lots of entries  can be maintain in one short  but now new issues is  out of around 40 fields  5 fields are key fields  and if  user  press enter  after entering first field  then rest of  key fields become  grayed out , where as user want they should be in edit mode only   and   if  I change Maintenance type as two step  then  this problem will resolve but then screen layout get change and again field by field it come

so  multiple data can not be copied from  excel .

so basically  combination is required is   screen layout must be in such  a way that huge data can be copied from excel in one short ,

also if user  enter first field and press enter  still other all fields must be in edit mode only .

any idea ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

meeta nair wrote:

,,,also if user  enter first field and press enter  still other all fields must be in edit mode only .

any idea ?

Yes, Train the user not to press enter when they've only put data in the first field. Since doing so causes them inconvenience, Pavlov demonstrated they'll stop doing it after a while.

As a developer it's a good idea to look at the final functional requirement instead of trying to make a technical solution work differently from standard. If you need to load data into a table from Excel, then TMG isn't the right technical solution. To provide a sensible solution for the user, why not create a program that reads the Excel data, saved as a CSV, from the user's PC directly into the table?

2 REPLIES 2

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

meeta nair wrote:

,,,also if user  enter first field and press enter  still other all fields must be in edit mode only .

any idea ?

Yes, Train the user not to press enter when they've only put data in the first field. Since doing so causes them inconvenience, Pavlov demonstrated they'll stop doing it after a while.

As a developer it's a good idea to look at the final functional requirement instead of trying to make a technical solution work differently from standard. If you need to load data into a table from Excel, then TMG isn't the right technical solution. To provide a sensible solution for the user, why not create a program that reads the Excel data, saved as a CSV, from the user's PC directly into the table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Matthew

actually  what I shared  was part one only of req  , after updation of  two tables  , for one table some logic need to right  for one of its field   .

Eg:   if a  table has  around 35 fields  then in these fields there is one field at mostly on bottom name 

' STATUS ',

first I have to check all 35 fields one by one from starting 2nd field of table ,, if any field has value then its mean  1  ,if not then 0   like that  need to read table from  2nd field of table and concatenate these values in  one field  STATUS .

eg  if  table  test had  5 fields

1  A =  'ttt' .

2  B =     ,

3  C =  '33'

4  D =  '343',

5  Status .      In this case  status values should be  '1011'.

now my query if  what could be the most optimized , performance side best method to write this logic as there will be multiple records and  35 fields need to read to update this logic .