Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the test data can only be executed once?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, experts,

I have created a couple of eCATTs and they work well.

but i noticed, that the test data either in txt file as a external file or in test data container as internal file can only be used one time. Without changing I can not active the same eCATT once more, althrough i have delete the change.

I got always a error:

...data is obsolete...

Is it so?

thanks

Kefei

9 REPLIES 9

qianchen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kefei,

Unlike programs, function modules, objects created via transaction SECATT do not have to be activated at all. Here it is not so clear to me what you would like to activate and what you have to change always.

If the same set of data has already been created via the same eCATTs you have used, they are not able to be created once again. I personally would assume your error message is 'Control data is obsolete'. If that is the case, it is probably because of the existent data in the system that trigger a different system behavior from what you have recorded (e.g., a new popup which is not recorded in your eCATT appears to tell the data already exists). Hence either you have to build up some error handling logic in your eCATTs or create a completely new set of data in your test data container or test configuration.

Kind Regards, Qian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Qian,

thank u for your helpful answer!

exactly as you said, i got a error message "Control data is obsolete". After I giving new set data, it would work again.

what I must create new test data, althrough i deleted the new behavior from what i have recorded, i.e. 10 new users created and deleted. I want to use the same test data and eCATT to create these 10 useres again. but it works nor more.

anyway, i know the feature of eCATT.

nice weekend!

Kefei

0 Kudos

Hi Kefei,

I would not say it is a feature of the eCATT tool itself, but rathar regard it as a feature you have built up in your eCATTs.

What has to be done should be like this:

Check whether your user to be created already exists.
* This can be implemented by either checking whether the data exists in 
* the right database table, or by recording the transaction, capturing the 
* message which tells user is already created (using 
* MESSAGE...ENDMESSAGE command).  If the right message is 
* captured, it would mean the user already exists.  

IF user to be created exists.

Delete the user.
*  Record the transcation to delete the user here

ELSE.

Create the user.
*  Record the transaction to create the user here

ENDIF.

Kind Regards, Qian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chen,

i have following problem: i have created the test configuration, which works. After i have created a masterscript, which act this configuration, the master script failed on this configuration and this configuration along doesn't work: the system behavior is so, as the wrong data have been used. I suppose, that the system saves the last data have been played on and use this data again and not the correct data. How can i delete all data in memory bevor i act the script (i wish to write it to script ABAP code ).

Best regards, Iryna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Qian,

I do not know what you mean correctly.

Should I do any coding in my eCATT in order to active a BC Set to check whether user have been created?

nice weekend

Kefei

0 Kudos

Hi Kefei,

Kindly read the pseudocodes I wrote in my previous reply here in this thread, esp. the comments starting with '*' (I have just followed the eCATT coding format) - hopefully it is understandable. I have suggested that a user must be checked to see whether it is existent before its creation.

Kind Regards, Qian

0 Kudos

Hi Kefei ,

From ur text earlier I understood that u have used ecatt with bc sets.

Can you pleas help me with a simple approach of using the ecatt with BC sets which does not require any coding .And also How to delete data that has been created by ecatt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved it by myself!

0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

What was the solution you applied.

Regards

Phanidhar