Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text shifting in Dot Matrix Print

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

When i take print of the smartform with Laser Jet Printer its comming fine , but when i print using Dot Matrix Printer the text is shifting by approximately 1 cm towards right side.

Can any one tell me how to resolve this..

Regards,

Navin Fernandes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Navin,

Are you using an SAP standard PageFormat or a custom defined page format?

And what about the device type used. In case of custom developments, you can change the Post Scripts to redefine the left margin in the Printer Initialization.

Let me know if you need more info.

Regards

Sabu.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

There is not any dedicated way to solve this problem you need to set ur printer first and then develop the smart form if you have developed for the laser jet then it would show some difference for the Dot matrix .

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Is the Complete Output is shifting towards Right Side by 1 CM?

If it is so, then on the Printer Rulers, in which you set the Paper, just move those RULERS to Right Side by 1 CM. Then your output will be fine.

Regards,

Vishal

0 Kudos

Dear Vishal,

Where can i find the Printer Rulers setting?

Should i do it through the control panel or printer setting physically on the printer..

Best Regards,

Navin Fernandes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Navin,

Are you using an SAP standard PageFormat or a custom defined page format?

And what about the device type used. In case of custom developments, you can change the Post Scripts to redefine the left margin in the Printer Initialization.

Let me know if you need more info.

Regards

Sabu.

0 Kudos

Hi Sabu,

I have created a custom page format and type and linked it to standard output type i.e SAPWIN.

How can i redefine left margin in printer initialization..?

Best Regards,

Navin Fernandes.

0 Kudos

Hello Navin,

I believe you have developed a new Page Format, and hence you need a new Format Type as well.

Run SPAD transaction. Click on Full Administration.

First identify your Device name (ie, Printer name,eg :LOCL)

See what is the Device Type attached to this Device(Printer).

If its a standard (say EPESCP2), I would recommend not to make repairs in the standard one, rather copy EPESCP2 to ZEPESCP2.

Now attach ZEPESCP2 to your device (LOCL).

Since you have created a new Page Format and defined a Format type for this Page Format, you need to attach the Format Type to this Device type and save.

Now double click on the Device type and you can see a screen with two tabs Attributes and Print Controls. On the menu bar, click on the icon Formats. Select your Format from the list and again double click. Now from the list, select the first line 'Printer initialization'. You can now see an ABAP editor kind of screen. (Please remember you cannot enter ABAP code here). Check for the string

1. set left margin. Under this comment, you will see something like \e\0x6C\0x00, which is a hex coding for setting the left margin. The last 4 characters '0x00' is the hex value for integer zero. Try changing this value until your left margin is correct.

Let me know if you need more details.

Regards

Sabu.

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thank you for your replies.

The alignment problem is solved.

We were trying to print custom page size in A4. Its resolved now.

Thank You everyone...!