Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text for validation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am having a parameter field and a internal table. I am trying to delete all the entries from itab(with out header) other than whats there in parameter field. Both the fields or of type cdpos-fname (Field name). But iam unable to achive it. In debugging i checked and the text in parameter field is changed to <b>upper case</b> even though i gave in lower case.

I am giving parameter text as -

W/Tax code.

I have checked the itab and it has W/Tax Code entries. So i did the validation as below..

if not p_fname is initial.
delete itab where fname ne p_fname.
endif.

But its not deleting any even though there are entries present.

Where i am going wrong. Can anyone help me.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Kesi,

Declare your parameter with LOWER-CASE syntax. It would then have whatver you have given(No upper case convesrion and upper case letters will be in uppercase only).

Regards,

Ravi

4 REPLIES 4

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Kesi,

Declare your parameter with LOWER-CASE syntax. It would then have whatver you have given(No upper case convesrion and upper case letters will be in uppercase only).

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the field parameters is converted to upper case, because the domain "FDNAME" does not support lower-case. (you can checked in se11-domains - view definition).

Is the fdname field of your internal table also in Upper Case?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Do like this:

Parameters:

p_pname(10) type c <b>lower case</b>.

Reward if helpful.

Regards,

Sandhya

Former Member
0 Kudos