Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Text) Field Enhancement - in Customer Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Pls. let me know that Steps involved in Text Enhancements?

My requirement is that I need to do text enhancement for KATR6 field's description from Attribute 6 to my_own_description in Customer Master.

How to proceed, pls. step by step?

Thanq.

Message was edited by:

Srikhar

Message was edited by:

Srikhar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to cmod

in menu bar ....select menu option as below

goto.....> textenhancements......>keywords ......> change .......

give u r data element name there .....eg:matnr

it will let u into a screen.....where u can modify the text description there make sure that it is Short field label,Medium Field Label,Long field label,Heading,Short Text......

make change as per u r relavence and save it........

the change will directly reflect in the database ......

if u go check in the mara table .....check the description of matnr .....u can find the change u have did....

reward points if helpful....

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to this site and see the steps involved in text enhancements

http://www.sapdevelopment.co.uk/enhance/fexits.htm

0 Kudos

thanq.

Pls. clarify following step!

<i><b>Step 2: Create function module when prompted, and add you code to the source section using the parameter ‘INPUT’ as the field value you are checking.</b></i>

1 - Is it that, the INPUT parameter is EBELN(is the said example)? or Wht does it mean for <i>‘INPUT’ as the field value you are checking</i>?

2 - Wht culd b the source code? I mean, Wht I hv to write?

thanq.

Message was edited by:

Srikhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Input field here for you is field KATRX(whatever fieldname you have given in tthe data element text-element. In the example it is data element is ebeln, so input field is EBELN, for you input field is KATRX, so just replace ebeln with katrx and go with the flow. If any problem arises let me know and send me your email address. I will do it and send you the screenshots.

Regards,

Mallick

0 Kudos

thanq,

my e-mail address is vtkapoor2000@yahoo.co.in

pl. send me the screen shots.

pls. let me clarify, tha Wht I hv to write the (source)code?

thanq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to cmod

in menu bar ....select menu option as below

goto.....> textenhancements......>keywords ......> change .......

give u r data element name there .....eg:matnr

it will let u into a screen.....where u can modify the text description there make sure that it is Short field label,Medium Field Label,Long field label,Heading,Short Text......

make change as per u r relavence and save it........

the change will directly reflect in the database ......

if u go check in the mara table .....check the description of matnr .....u can find the change u have did....

reward points if helpful....

0 Kudos

thanq.

r u sure that, Its KEYWORD? coz, when I gone thru the above mentioned link (

<i>http://www.sapdevelopment.co.uk/enhance/fexits.htm</i> ), its was mentioned as NEW DE cust. ..?

1 - So, pls. let me know, Wht is the correct one, either its KEYWORD or NEW DE cust.....?

2- When I did the same, its not allowing me to save in Z_SD_PACKAGE, its prompted me to save in SAP package(mine relavent is BV package) So, Shuld I save it SAP package?

thanq.

0 Kudos

thanq,

i did it and am seeing in DB.

But, Do U know that Which OSS NOTE # is explainig about this requiremen/change?

thanq.