Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to write a code which will be used in 8 different languages.So to all the hardcoded text I created text elements ex write : 'Test'(001) also I tried

write : text-001. But it does not get translated.I am on 4.6c.Any comments would be greatly appreciated.I activated all my text elements.

Thanks

VIkas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have maintained the translations for these texts ?

In the text symbols screen, choose the menu option Goto --> Translation , give the original & target languages and maintain the texts in the respective languages.

Thanks,

Renjith

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have maintained the translations for these texts ?

In the text symbols screen, choose the menu option Goto --> Translation , give the original & target languages and maintain the texts in the respective languages.

Thanks,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

You can do that.

Use path : Se38> Program name> Text elements Select text element> Goto(Menubar) --> translation

Lanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello VIkas,

In 4.6C for translating text elements, please goto Text Element screen in change mode. Now Goto-> Translation. Enter the Language <from> , <to> and Translated Text. Now Logoff and login with the new language and you will see the translated text elements. I tested and this works for me.

Thanks,

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the speedy response ....I did go into the translation and over there it gives me the text for ex : TEST and underneath it I get a Text box which is empty, any more comments would be greatly appreciated.I think the sap should poulate the value in the converted language.

Thanks

vikas

0 Kudos

in text elements screen in menu

goto-->translation

it opens a popup display like this

original language EN

Target language <F4 help to select target language>

r u not getting like this

0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP will not provide the translation.You need to write the translation in what ever language you want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

After I give the orig language and translated language it takes me to another screen where it gives the original language text element here for Ex: TEST and underneath it gives me a text box which is empty, do you guys do anything over there, do u fill any information I put in the same text element TEST in the test box if sap does not translate this into the neccessary language then how will I enter the transalted language with an english keyboard.

Thanks again

Vikas

0 Kudos

Hi Vick,

I generally get the translations in a word document.I do a Cut & paste there at the empty text boxes.

0 Kudos

Hi vicky,

SAP will Provide translations for only data elements, domains etc.. For your text elements get the translations and paste in the empty box.

Lanka

0 Kudos

Hi,

The reason I am getting that problem is because the language packs jave not been installed, appreciate all your efforts.

Thanks

Vikas