Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Elements Transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created text elements for the program in the different language(Spanish),

it did n't ask me transport request .How to transport them.

Thanks in advacne,

Murali Krishna K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try creating text element in program itself by using the menu Goto->Text Elements->Text Symbols

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SE09, Create a request and add your object in it.

Reward if useful!

Former Member
0 Kudos

you might have created it as a Local object i.e. - you might have assigned $tmp as its package.

it will prompt u for transport if u assign a package other than $tmp to it.

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you already have a transport created for the program (R3TR PROG) then text element is also included in that. But if you are making change to an old report then system will prompt you for transport request. I think in your case you are writing a new report, text element will get transported automatically with your program.

-Sanjeev

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Thanks for your reply.

It's not a new program. It is old program with some modifications.

I transproted the request to test system , but text elements are not transproted.

Do i need to mention something spcl if i want to move text elements.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Once again go to program and type space or anything and then try saving it.Then activate it.Before saving it, it will prompt for request.

0 Kudos

Hi Jayanthi,

Thanks for your response.

I did same thing but no use.

0 Kudos

Easy solution is to create a transport of copies, goto SE01 create a transport of copies and include object R3TR PROG <your program name>. Release and transport the request.

-Sanjeev

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Utilities->version management.If it is local,then it means it is getting stored in local.GO to SE38->program.In menu Goto->object directory entry, change the package as the development class which you want to use.

0 Kudos

Hi,

No i stored the program in request only not locally.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use program RSTXTRAN.

Reward if helpful.

0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Sorry i missed one point here.

I created text elemetns by using SE63.

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try creating text element in program itself by using the menu Goto->Text Elements->Text Symbols

0 Kudos

Hi Jayanthi,

I want text element in two different languages ..not in orignial lanaguage EN.

0 Kudos

Hai Murali Krishna,

I think you have created the text elemnt in its original Language as EN and then later translated it using the transaction SE63. the translated text not getting transported with the request. if this is your problem, this can be solved by adding the text element to the transport request.

For adding the text element to the request, you can go to the program, use the menu Goto->Text Elements->Text Symbols and make a change in the already existing text element there and save it. now this will be available in the transport request and you will be able to transport it.

Regards,

Ajith V