Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Select Statements in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I was just wondering if there is a transaction code in SAP that lets you test a select statement on one of its tables?

Thanks,

Colm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI.

Use ST05 for the stastment, it is better write 2 programs for different different select statmnet and look at the time taken by the Select statment

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no such thing in sap....either u have to write a program wherein write select statement....and check performance in ST05.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI.

Use ST05 for the stastment, it is better write 2 programs for different different select statmnet and look at the time taken by the Select statment

anversha_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

try ST05 - Is the most useful if you want to track time taken for execution of each of the sections.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/f2/31adaa810c11d288ec0000e8200722/frameset.htm

Regards

Anver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all of your help but ST05 is not exactly what I am looking for. Would I be right in saying that basically there is no way of testing an sql statement to view its results in the SQL GUI?

0 Kudos

While you do teh check itself it will point out the errors in the query.

You cna create a test program and test the same.

0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP dont a have option to run a SQL statement against partcular table. You can write a program for that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Download yes4sql from download section of SDN.. This will do for you.. Award points...