Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tables updated behind a structure - Business partnes, Contract acct, SD con

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Is there a way to find tables updated after inserting values into structures. We are a Utility industry and for converting data we are using a tool called 'EMIGALL'. Here SAP provides structures and when we populate these structures, data is loaded into SAP.

I am new to this industry and my task is to find the main tables and their relationships.

For example, creating a Business partner. We populate structures EMG_EKUN_INIT, EKUN_DI, BUS000_DI, BUS020_DI

and BUS0ID_DI. I need to find the tables updated behind this. Any help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Business partner details are update in the below tables:

BUT000

BUT000_BCS

BUT001

BUT010

BUT020

BUT021

BUT021_FS

BUT030

BUT030G

BUT030GT

BUT030T

BUT050

BUT050_ADGUID46C

BUT050_CD

BUT051

BUT052

BUT053

BUT054

BUT0BANK

BUT0BK

BUT0CC

BUT0ID

BUT0IS

BUT0VP

BUT100

BUT150

BUTADRSEARCH

BUTBWCVSYSTAT

BUTBWCVUSSTAT

BUTBWSYSTATGRP

BUTBWSYSTATGRPT

BUTBWSYSTATOBJ

BUTBWSYSTATOBJT

BUTBWUSSTATGRP

BUTBWUSSTATGRPT

BUTBWUSSTATOBJ

BUTBWUSSTATOBJT

BUTECHORG

BUTECHORGT

BUTP_TP

BUTP_XMAP

BUT_DNC

BUT_DNC_OLD

Contract account details can be seen in FKKVK, FKKVKP & FKKVK_CORR

Prakash.

Message was edited by: Prakash Ramu

0 Kudos

I think the SQL trace approach is good. It will show you that not necessarily all of the BUTxxx tables mentionend are updated, but at least at creation time ADRx tables.

And - what SQL trace will not report CDHDR and CDPOS. And maybe more - I don't know and I don't care.

Usually there is no reason to know as long as you use standardized system functions, objects, exits and tcodes to handle the data.

Let us know what is your task in business terms and we may tell you how to do without knowing table names.

Regards,

Clemens

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rachana

My approach for finding unknown DB tables is the SQL trace (transaction ST05). Just before you start your transaction (or batch-input, direct input, etc.) activate the SQL trace (in a second window), execute your function and then stop the trace immediately. Then look at the trace and analyse it. Usually, you will find DB commands like INSERT and UPDATE (perhaps MODIFY) along those tables that are updated. In addition, the trace usually shows you part of the key values used for update. Thus, the SQL trace is quite informative.

Regards

Uwe