Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table which gives size of tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Is there any table in which I enter a table name and it gives me the exact amount of data (in KB or MB etc.) that it holds?

I will reward all the helpful answers.

Thanks,

Ajay.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u want to kno the exact number of record that the table holds just goto SE11 -> give the table name -> CTRLSHIFTF10 -> near to the execute button u 'll hav 'Number of record button' -> press it u 'll get the total number of records in that table.

Thanks,

Arunprasad.P

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u want to kno the exact number of record that the table holds just goto SE11 -> give the table name -> CTRLSHIFTF10 -> near to the execute button u 'll hav 'Number of record button' -> press it u 'll get the total number of records in that table.

Thanks,

Arunprasad.P

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have around 14000 tables for which I want to check the size... It will be almost impossible to check one by one.

Could you plzz tell me some other faster alternative?

Thanks,

Ajay.

0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Please check this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c2/36c5067754044db2b91b00ba60b36a/content.htm

Please check this Table

ADATABSIZE --- > SAP DB: Table Sizes Including Indexes

Table ADATABSIZE (only for the basis database instance of the SAP system)

You can use the SQL Studio database tool to access the measurement data and the indexes in the table ADATABSIZE directly.

Best regards,

raam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

use DB02 and goto DETAILED ANAlYSIS and give the table name if u give * it 'll show all the table names....suppose if u want some particular thing which starts with a letter....give the letter name and star eg., M*

and also u can use DB50 or LC10..

see this link

[url]http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c2/36c5067754044db2b91b00ba60b36a/content.htm[url]

Thanks,

Arunprasad.P