Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table SMODISRC with filed OPERATION value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

can any one please help me,

what is the use of this table SMODISRC with filed OPERATION value

and what is the purpose and the values are

PRE Exit at start of modularization unit

POST Exit at end of modularization unit

ALL Unit overlay

NEW New unit

REPA Modification without support

TRSL Translation entry

IMP Business Add-In - Implementation

MOD Modifications to sources

MIGR Matchcode object migration

NOTE Note Corrections

ORIG Object Reset to Original

TORI Translation Entry Reset to Original

Can any one please help me .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

franois_henrotte
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you modify standard objects, SAP keeps a trace of what you do (either modification requires that you register object or not).

This trace is stored into table SMODISRC.

Operation field is just an information on what was done. This field is not used for each type of modification.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

please help me

what is the use of smodisrc table and what is the object type and subobject type

points sure for each helpful ans

franois_henrotte
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you modify standard objects, SAP keeps a trace of what you do (either modification requires that you register object or not).

This trace is stored into table SMODISRC.

Operation field is just an information on what was done. This field is not used for each type of modification.

0 Kudos

Hi

thanks you very much..........

can u please tell is this only for standard objects or for customizations also

and what exactly mean by translation entry,

can any one please post me documentaion for this table and

in this table what is mean by object and subobject..

what is the meaning of type 'DOCT'.....

please can u share docu if any one have

points sure for each answer...

0 Kudos

PLZ HELP ME

0 Kudos

Hello,

there is a transaction SE95 (SPAU) that will show you all the standards objects modified. This transaction code is linked to this table SMODISRC.

0 Kudos

objects/subsobjects are the same as for object description in transport requests

to have a description of all objects / subobjects, you can execute search help SCTSOBJECT

DOCT is for general texts, those that you maintain with transaction SO10 for example

about modifications with traduction: such modifications do not require to register objects but they are logged into table SMODISRC. for example, it can be done for data elements: this way you can change the standard description of all fields using the data element without registering. In this case a new text element is created and inserted (with INCLUDE) into standard text to replace the original description