Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table for transaction screen field text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Recently, I stumbled on an SAP table that you can run via SE16 and it will give you a list of all the screens and fieldnames + field text for a particular transaction. I didn't note it down, now I need it and I can seem to be able to find it. Does any remember what the table name is?

Thanks,

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor

Hi Samuel,

try fm RS_SCRP_GET_SCREEN_INFOS

regards Andreas

4 REPLIES 4

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor

Hi Samuel,

try fm RS_SCRP_GET_SCREEN_INFOS

regards Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

try these tables

BIBS_SCR, TQ21, TSTC

regards,

PJ

0 Kudos

Hi PJ, thanks for the response. However none of these tables are the one I am looking for. The table that I am looking for takes tcode as a parameter and then return a table list of PROGNAME, DYNPRO, FNAM and Screen field titles. It's looks almost like a BDC list.

Thanks again,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was finally able to resolve this on my own. It's amazing what a good night sleep can do. (this time I documented everything :-). Here's the answer:

<b>Using a Function Module:</b>

==========================

<b>RFC_GET_SCREEN_DEFINITION</b>

INPUT:

(1) ISPROGRAM = 'N' (default) or 'Y'; i.e find by program name or transaction code.

(2) NAME = <tcode> or <program name>

OUTPUT:

Screen_Details (very useful for documenting and defining BDC projects)

<b>Using Tables:</b>

===============

<b>TSTC, D021T</b>:

First find the program name from TSTC by entering the tcode.

Then pass the program name to D021T and get all the field names and screen text.