Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table event 'After saving' for date delimition

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a custom table which has stat date and end date. Whenever a new record is created and saved,

The default value for new records must be 12/31/9999. When user creates a next record, the existing record must be automatically. delimited to BEGDA minus one.

I have implemented the code in 'After Saving' event where the delimition happens correctly. But once i save and click on exit button, again it's asking to save the record. if i save the delimited records are not updated.

Please provide some solution on this.

Regards,

Stanley

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

You don't have to add any custom code for that purpose. While generating table maintenance goto, Environment --> Generate Time-Dep. That will take care of all the things you mentioned automatically.

- Ranganath

0 Kudos

Hi,

Generate time dep. is disabled when i checked the table maintanance for the table.

Please help to proceed further.

Regards,

Stanley

0 Kudos

Please delete the existing table maintenance and then you'll have that button activated.

- Ranganath