Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table control - buttons

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

How can I insert the default buttons for controlling the rows of a table control?

I've created through the tc wizard and the routines for delete/insert/page up/down were created but there are some default buttons for insert and delete rows which were not created.

Is there any specific toolbar for that purposes or should I create the buttons manually and control them in user_command form?

any suggestions will be welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PedroGuarita
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The wizard shoud have created the subroutines for controling all standard buttons, like insert line, scroll down, etc, so basically just need to create the buttons and associate the correct function code for those buttons, usually the name composed by <name of TC control><function code> (eg: TC2000_INSR).

Check module <table control name>_user_command.

4 REPLIES 4

PedroGuarita
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The wizard shoud have created the subroutines for controling all standard buttons, like insert line, scroll down, etc, so basically just need to create the buttons and associate the correct function code for those buttons, usually the name composed by <name of TC control><function code> (eg: TC2000_INSR).

Check module <table control name>_user_command.

0 Kudos

tks Pedro.

Exactly, the routines were created.

I'm just asking why the control buttons (Insert Line, Delete Line, etc) were not created.

If the wizard creates by itself the page control buttons (1st pg, last pg, prev. pg, next pg), it should creates also the deletion and insertion buttons. Am I wrong?

0 Kudos

In the wizard there is a step that will ask you for insert/delete lines, but i think it always is non-input, don't know why, but that is the reason that the wizard doesn't create the buttons, because the option is not set by default. Also the buttons of paginating are in the same step of the wizard.

0 Kudos

thanks for the information.

there's no problem to build the buttons but I just wanted to confirm (many times is better to go for the standard).

i could see that the wizard has created the Insert row and Delete row routines.

I've created both buttons however the deletion is not working because it is required to provide a 'FLAG' field in the internal table (as per I understood from some threads with similar content, like ).

Just created a new field in the internal table e assigned its name in the w/SelColumn at Screen Painter table control Attributes.

Now, when clicking on the row selection buttons (at left of table control) it sould put an 'X' in this FLAG field, shouldn't it?

It is not deleting.

Does anyone has any suggestions?