Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System time zone via RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many of the likely function module candidates cannot be called remotely (GET_SYSTEM_TIMEZONE and TZON_* modules). Does anyone know of a function module that can be called remotely with the same (or similar) behavior?

I've identified '/ISDFPS/GET_TIME_UTC' as a possible workaround since I can count on the time being in UTC. However, I don't know anything about the '/ISDFPS/' prefix. Does anyone know what that is? Can I count on this function module being available everywhere (Basis 7.0 and up)?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use FM SAPWL_STATDIR_FROM_REMOTE_SYS which returns system ID and time zone. But it's a bit overkill because it has some additional logic. Hence maybe just own RFC enabled FM which will just simply call GET_SYSTEM_TIMEZONE is a better solution.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if this field is correct but try out SY-TZONE

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use FM SAPWL_STATDIR_FROM_REMOTE_SYS which returns system ID and time zone. But it's a bit overkill because it has some additional logic. Hence maybe just own RFC enabled FM which will just simply call GET_SYSTEM_TIMEZONE is a better solution.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

SAPWL_STATDIR_FROM_REMOTE_SYS will work. SY-TZONE is the number of seconds difference between local time and UTC (was already getting this from RFC_SYSTEM_INFO) but I don't think it accounts for daylight savings time.

Evan