Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System picked wrong TRansport type?

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a custome table with tge below settings,

Data class: Master data Transparent tbl - APP0

Delivery class: 'C' - customizing

Table View Maint.: - Allowed completely

It has 3 fields, including MANDT field.

It has a view maintennace/SM30 to add the data

Recording routime is Standarad - It willl ask a TRANSPORT

Because of business requirement, i have made ALL the 3 fields are as KEY fields, fine.

Then, i went to SM30, i have added 10 entries to it in DEV system, got a dialog for the transport....with out checking the TR # correctly i pressed the enter button, but, later i realized that, the used TR # is a WORKBENCH type of trasport!!

Pls. let me know

1) Why systme defaulted a WORKBENCH transport, it suppose to be a CUSTOMIZING trasport right?

2) Now, can i delete the entries from that WORKBENCH trrasnport and add them to a customizing transport MANUALLY in SE10? is it safe?

3) Can i move them with the the same workbench TR? is it safe?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is MANDT the first key field (else look at the activation log of the table)

Regards,

Raymond

8 REPLIES 8

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

hi,

<< Moderator message - Cut and paste response from http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/57/38e1824eb711d182bf0000e829fbfe/content.htm removed. Plagiarism is not allowed in SCN >>

Points unassigned.

regards

Deepak.

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Dec 16, 2011 5:10 PM

0 Kudos

Thank you.

Any more inputs pls.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is MANDT the first key field (else look at the activation log of the table)

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Yes, MANDT is the first field in the table. In total i have 3 fields(including MANDT field) in the table and i made all(3) of them as KEY fields.

Now i again activated the table

I did not see any red lines/red flags in the activation log, all is yellow with return code = 0.

Thank you

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

It will ask work bench request if you defined the delivery class as 'A'.

I think you must have used delivery class 'A' sometime back and later changed it to 'C'. Unless you regenerate table maintenance after changing to 'C' it will not prompt a customizing request.

What you need to do now is to ensure delivery class is 'C' and regenerate table maintenance again with "Recording routine" = "Standard recording routine"

SE11 -> Utilities -> Table Maintenance Generator -> F7 -> Check all the check boxes -> Click Expert Mode -> Check all the check boxes.

Now you should be able to see "Customizing request" prompt when you save data in SM30/SM31

As for the transport request already created you can delete the entries in SM31 and also delete the transport request before regenerating the table. The next time when you try to create it should prompt the dialog for transport.