Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncronization of Shared Memory objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does Shared Memory objects gets synchronized between Application Servers. If so , what is the parameter that sets the sync. time.

Thanks,

Arpitha.

2 REPLIES 2

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Shared memory is server dependant, so there is one independent memory per Application Server. You can only access it from the applications running on that server.

Regards

Marcin

GrahamRobbo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arpi,

check the documentation on this as I am working from memory, but I think what you need to do is set the Shared Memory Area as "Transactional".

This means that when you do a DETACH_COMMIT, you need to follow it up with a COMMIT WORK. I seem to recall this somehow flags the Shared Object for reload (this flag is stored in DB) so that the next access of the Shared Object - no matter which application server it is located on - will force a reload which means the Shared Object will be initialised identically on all servers.

I do not believe there is a way to "synchronise" instances of the same Shared Object running on different application servers.

I suggest you test this to see exactly how it works. It would make a great blog - hint.

Cheers

Graham Robbo