Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion required on how to copy repository objects from one system to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Current Situation:

We have a global SAP instance which is used by all affiliates. Now we have a requirement to separately host one of our affiliates( Singapore). This means we would like to copy all development objects specific to Singapore and move them into a separate SAP hosted system provided by a third party.

Requirement:

In order to achieve the above we need to carry out following activities:

1. determine a way to find out all repository objects ( development objects ) specific to Singapore. I mean all Y & Z objects that are specifically used by Singapore users. I don't think we have a specific development package for Singapore. Therefore it makes it quite difficult to identify which development objects are specific to Singapore users.

2. Once the objects are identified, we need to then identify all the dependencies such as domains, data elements, tables, screens etc before we can copy the objects into another system.

Any suggestions on how best we can identify objects specific to one affiliate and also how to find out all its dependencies?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you not take everything across, and then as part of the user process they should only use Singapore specific objects, or maybe try and control this with authorisation/security? I really think trying to locate every specific Singapore object and all the related dependencies is going to take forever in my opinion. If Singapore know what they should be using i.e. what programs and transactions then this should suffice, or not?

5 REPLIES 5

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you not take everything across, and then as part of the user process they should only use Singapore specific objects, or maybe try and control this with authorisation/security? I really think trying to locate every specific Singapore object and all the related dependencies is going to take forever in my opinion. If Singapore know what they should be using i.e. what programs and transactions then this should suffice, or not?

0 Kudos

Thanks Glen. The global instance is huge and we cannot copy all of that into a third parties hosted system. I understand the challenge of finding out objects but dont think we have a easy way out here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can try to check the statistics of Singapore users in order to create a list of all objects usually used.

It's not a scientific method but it could be a starting point

Max

0 Kudos

Thanks Max. That was helpful. I have added that into my activity step. As you mentioned it might not be a complete list but atleast a good starting point.

Cheers

nikolayevstigneev
Contributor
0 Kudos

I also can't imagine how to separate the objects if there was no separation by package or smth like that. The possibility to miss smth is extremely high.

In my opinion it's much easier to make a full copy of DEV system and restrict by roles for your Singapore users what part of all objects they may use.