Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU10 - Search by Auth Obj Values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a audit requirement, where in which I need to use more than <b>3 Auth objs selection by values</b> as a search criteria. I could see SU10 / S_BCE_68001400 permits(shows) only 3 possible entries for "by values".

Would appreciate your expertise..

Thanks,

Sam

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

SU10 is actually mass user maintenance and not a report search - although SU10 does call the report S_BCE_68001400 to do a user search. There are additional

search fields within S_BCE_68001400 like tcode so if you enter a tcode as well as the 3 field searches then you actually have 4 selections. The other option is to search in SE16 on table AGR_1251. The down side of this search is that though you can put in additional auth obj fields here you don't get the same logic that the report gives you - ie. if you select a certain field value to search for the report will also include field values that have the range or a wildcard.

Regards,

JC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Either exclude one of the objects because all users who have one of the others have this authorization too (e.g. S_TCODE = SM37)...

and / or

... exclude an object because no users, or only a very special few, have the object (e.g. S_BTCH_NAM=SAP* or S_BTCH_ADM=Y).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me make my case simple:

When I use S_BCE_68001400, I could see only 3 possible "<b>Selection by values</b>". Is there anyway, it could be made more ?

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos

JC is correct, but if one of them are S_TCODE then you can select it already under "Selection criteria for user" -> so you potentially have a 4th.

If you know an exact field name and value for another and there is only one field you care about and you don't care which object it is coming from... then you can select a 5th under "Selection by field name".

I don't know which release you are on etc, so you should treat the result of such a complex selection with caution.

0 Kudos

Another idea for you which might help:

Run the report (rsusr002) for your first 3 objects -> fields -> values. Then highlight the "user name" column of the result and copy it to your clipboard and restart the report again fresh. Go to the "multiple selection by user" button (yellow arrow) and select the little clip-board button. It will insert the list of users. Then run the report again with your further objects -> fields -> values including this restraint.

(You can also download the list to a file and import it using the green colour clipboard).

You would get the same (potentially inaccurate) result as if you could select more than 3 at the same time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The short answer is no. Unless you want to modify the code.