Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure not activated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have added two new field in the standard structure and deleted one of the newly added field. Upon activating the structure its goes to Partly active status .

For Database Tables, we have SE14 to actiavte the change in structure, in similar do we have any transaction where we can adjust the modified and dependent structures.?

Thanks in Advance.

9 REPLIES 9

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try activating all data elements for new fields first? Also I don't think this a good idea to maitain standard structure this way. Removing and adding new structure fields might cause inconsistencies in already used programs.

I recommend to go for [APPEND strcutre|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cf/21eb61446011d189700000e8322d00/frameset.htm] instead.

Regards

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is best to use APPEND STRUCTURES in this context, otherwise your program can go to dump also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is best to use APPEND STRUCTURES in this context, otherwise your program can go to dump also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Revaty,

I hope you are doing this in IDES system.. how did you added new fields to standard table? I hoope you have used append structure only..then you have deleted few fields and try to activate the table bit it was not. do one this delete the append structure completely and try to activate the table..

hope this will help you.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Revaty,

I hope you are doing this in IDES system.. how did you added new fields to standard table? I hoope you have used append structure only..then you have deleted few fields and try to activate the table bit it was not. do one thig delete the append structure completely and try to activate the table..

hope this will help you.

Regards,

Kiran

0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Remove all the fields- Run data base utility to make table consistent and avoid dumps.

2. Take include structure method give above and again RUN the data base utility to avoid inconsistencies.

3. Mark the post as answered if your problem is solved.

Rahul.

former_member193284
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delete all the new added fields from the structure and try and activiate it. Refer Activitation Log in SE11 --> Utilities

Once activiated use append structure to add fields rather than adding them directly.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

I think this is not right way to add some addtional fields to the structure . better to use APPEND STRUCTURE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

*hi,*

*in that case you delete the domain then dataelement and then the feild. after that activated ur structure. and go ahead.*

*Sulabh*