Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop a workflow message in Inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I don't want a user to receive a particular Workflow message everyday, how can I cancel that? Can someone tell the transaction code and procedure to do this?

Also, how to clear workflow messages from the SAP Inbox?

TIA

14 REPLIES 14

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Giovanni,

Please let me know, what is it you are referring as Workflow message. A work item, a deadline notification or a mail message sent by a Workflow? Also let me know what release of SAP you are on.

Thanks,

Ramki Maley.

0 Kudos

Ramki,

Thanks for the reply.

This user is getting "EDI: Partner Profile nt availabl" message. I'm on release 4.0B.

0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

I have the same Problem. I remove the mail in work place using SWWL but the notification message i can't remove.. Pls advise how stop that message...

The Requestor & Approved daily receive the message but the PR / PO already approved using Tcode....

Very urgent...

Thks

Rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have two options either Archive and Delete work items or just delete work items. Refer to OSS Note number 126678 for details.

Cheers,

Sanjeev

0 Kudos

For stopping the workflow to generate work item for a particular user you need to look at the agent assignment of the workflow and exclude user from a possbile set of agents for this workflow.

Cheers,

Sanjeev

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

How do I display/change the agent assignment of the workflow?

Thanks much

> For stopping the workflow to generate work item for a

> particular user you need to look at the agent

> assignment of the workflow and exclude user from a

> possbile set of agents for this workflow.

>

> Cheers,

> Sanjeev

0 Kudos

Well I do not have access to SAP this late in the night, but you can use workflow explorer to check the agent assignment. But from your reply to Ramki it looks like it is happening becuase no ALE administrator is maintained in the system. If ALE administrator is maintained in the system he/She is intimated in case partner profile is not found, otherwise work item is sent to everybody.

Cheers,

Sanjeev

0 Kudos

Giovanni,

If all users are getting this message, then you can avoid it by specifying a specific user as an ALE/IDoc administrator ( I do not remember the txn offhand - WE46?). All error messages then will go to that user. If a specific user is getting this message then he has been identified as either the Admin or maybe for that Idoc type.

You may delete the WIs in a non Production client as specified in this thread:

Cheers,

Ramki Maley

0 Kudos

Ramki and Sanjeev,

Thanks for your replies.

I checked in transaction SWU3. It says that the Workflow Administrator is maintained in the system. But still everyone gets that message.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks

Message was edited by: Giovanni Kavila

0 Kudos

How about the IDoc administrator in txn WE46?

Cheers,

Ramki Maley.

0 Kudos

Ramki,

I checked WE46, there is only one parameter set in that, which is MAXSYNERR. There is nothing else in that. What does it mean?

Do I need more paramters set here?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Who ever you define as the IDoc administrator will get the IDoc error messages. You have the option to assign a Work center, Job, Organizational unit or Position if you maintain an Org Plan with users assigned. You can assign a Person if you have HR. Otherwise you can assign a specific User (similar to WF admin) to receive the messages.

Cheers,

Ramk Maley.

0 Kudos

Hmm.. Wish I knew more about Workflow

Ramki thanks for all your help. But I still don't know why it shows in SWU3 that the Workflow administrator is maintained in the system and no parameters in WE46? Are these two diff. things? I checked, it's an Org. Unit that has been assigned as the Workflow Admin. right now.

If it is an Org. Unit, then why do all the users get this message?

Is that because all those users are assigned to that EDI Org. Unit?

Thanks

0 Kudos

A Workflow admin is different from IDoc Admin.

WF admin gets a SAP Office mail message (not work item) when a workflow instance goes into an error status.

The IDoc administrator gets a work item when an IDoc errors. Executing the WI displays the errored IDoc. The standard task that is behind the WI is a general task and if No IDoc admin is maintained goes to all users.

Cheers,

Ramki Maley.

Please reward points if the answer is helpful or solved your problem.

For info on awarding points click on this link: https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/index.sdn?page=crp_help.htm