Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

static convertibility check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Could you tell me while running the UCCHECK transaction ,do i need to check the option :DISPLAY LINES THAT CANNOT BE ANALYZED STATICALLY.

If check the option i am the following error message

The system could not perform a static convertibility check on the current statement, because of untyped or generic operands. It can only carry out this . runtime. at runtime. at runtime. at runtime.)

How to solve this ?

thanks in advance .

I would like reward for useful answers.

1 REPLY 1

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<b>Displaying Points that Cannot Be Analyzed Statically</b>

If you choose this option, you get an overview of the program points, where a static check for Unicode syntax errors is not possible. This can be the case if, for example, parameters or field symbols are not typed or you are accessing a field or structure with variable length/offset. At these points the system only tests at runtime whether the code is sufficient for the stricter Unicode tests. If possible, you should assign types to the variables used, otherwise you must check runtime behavior after the Unicode attribute has been set.

To be able to differentiate between your own and foreign code (for example when using standard includes or generated includes), there is a selection option for the includes to be displayed. By default, the system excludes the standard includes of the view maintenance LSVIM* from the display, because they cause a large number of messages that are not relevant for the Unicode conversion. It is recommended that you also exclude the generated function group-specific includes of the view maintenance (usually L<function group name>F00 and L<function group name>I00) from the display.

Similarly to the process in the extended syntax check, you can hide the warning using the pseudo comment ("#EC *).