Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Table maintenance Restrict Columns

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have small requirement, I try to Complete it, Have not got any solutin.
there is is Standard tcode:OB08 Currency Exchange rates,
here two columns are enabled mode. So users can able to enter amounts and able to save it,.

Here i want to restrict to some users, they has to see the table,They should not able to save it. I tried to Disable the Save button. But thinking this is not a solution.
Could any body tell me is there any solutions for this.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member

Hi

Create new Z transaction ex: ZOB08 same as OB08. But in the transaction parameter put SHOW = 'X' by removing UPDATE = 'X'.

Give the transaction code to Security team to assign relavant role. So that they can only view the table data.

Regards

Rajasrikanth Guptha

0 Kudos

Ok I will check it.

roberto_forti
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kali Charan,

However, avoid copying SAP standard transaction.

First of all, consider checking it with Business Consultant via configuration - SAP Transaction SPRO => SAP Reference IMG Transactions.

Regards,

0 Kudos

hi, Thanks for your reply. Could you elaborate it.
Can we restrict By using IMG.

Colleen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Is there a reason you can't restrict with S_TABU_DIS or S_TABU_NAM for Activity 03 only? User will receive a pop up advising them that the only have display authorisation to the transaction as it first checks for ACTVT 02 and then falls back to 03

0 Kudos

HI,

Before posting this one, I asked my basis person to check with S_TABU_DIS one.

But he told me to not working.

Colleen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Is there a chance that the user you want to have display only is getting s_tabu* from another role (cross inheritance). Also, su24 might propose activity 02 but doesn't mean you can't do display

You could build test user and role then run a trace to see how it works

0 Kudos

I will inform to basis person.