Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL serves connection and sql table update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i want to use sql server database for some purposes, i will fill the sql tales via a job from abap.

but i did not write any code up to this time about abap and sql serves entegration.

how can i do this?

system is as follows:

System Component Version SAP ECC 6.0 /700

DB:DB6_9.7.3

Server Name:sapprddb

Client : 006

IP : 10.4.1.1

Sistem no : 00

Sistem Tanım : PRD

from this system i want to connect to sql server and insert data to sql server table, assume customers...

thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

former_member222709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can search SDN with keywords as Native SQL and you'll get all the info needed.

Refer this link:

[;

Regards,

Pranav.

0 Kudos

thanks for reply.

but how can i connect to sql server, do commands change when db is db2 or sql server or oracle?

what should i pay attention on?

please write me about these and if possible a sample code.

thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I think I got your question. The first step to establish an SQL connection is configure the details using T. Code: DB02. It's done by the BASIS Team, but is pretty self explanatory. Even you can do it, if you have the access.

Regards,

Pranav.

0 Kudos

Hi

Before writing code it needs to create a link between SAP and SQL server, this can usually be done by a dblink, so you need to ask your basis if he can do it

Max

0 Kudos

> but how can i connect to sql server, do commands change when db is db2 or sql server or oracle?

If you've the external DB connection params, you'll have to configure them in DBCO(Tcode).

If you use the ADBC classes(CL_SQL*) you need not worry about the DB platform. The SAP kernel call will handle it for you

BR,

Suhas