Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPELL-WORD -- Amount in letters can't be larger than 80 characters?????

bettinasilveira
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys!

I have to print a long text (it's an amount in letters) in a check. The problem is that the amount appears incomplete. It's not because of the size windows.

I'm printing three variables:

&PALABRAS& &DESC_MON& &CENTAVOS& (amount in letters, currency and cents)

I't should appears like:

"Veinticinco mil quinientos setentea y siete" (amount) "USD" (currency) "00/100" (cents).

But when the amount is larger than 80, it appears truncated at 80 characters and after that appears the currency and the cents.

I think it's a system limitation, but I can't verify it by myself because I can't do a test.

Did you have any similar problem or have any idea of this. Can I print an amount larger than 80 characters? Do you know any sap note that extends that limit? (the SPELL-WORD is 255 character long, si, it's not a variable problem).

Any help is welcome!

Thanks a lot!!!!

Bet

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do as below :

Split the amount in three parts and declare variable of 100 char and concatenate into the new variable.

Thanks,

Sriram Ponna.

0 Kudos

Wel.. Apparently you didn't read the whole post because you are telling me to split the variable and use 100 char variable....

The amount ALREADY is truncated at 80 character when I receive it in the sapscript. That's why I wanted to know if anyone had a similar problem.