Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some kinds of enhancement... Which would you choose?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

There are some kinds of enhancement in SAP.

(EXIT, BADI, OPEN-FI, Enhancement spot ...etc)

If there are some kinds of enhancement match your purpose, which do you choose?

For example, I'm trying to enhance in MM01.

EXIT: MGA00001

BADI: BADI_MATERIAL_REF

Both of enhancement can be function.

I wonder which is the best...

Which would you choose?

and What is the reason?

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it depends on your requirement.i personally believe in BADI as it include less coding with promising results

there is no such answer which is better it depends on your way of coding or in which you feel comfortable.

For difference beteen BADi/Exit you may search in SCN i'm sure you will get many many examples.i found one for you.

Edited by: Amit Gujargoud on Oct 22, 2008 6:53 AM

4 REPLIES 4

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it depends on your requirement.i personally believe in BADI as it include less coding with promising results

there is no such answer which is better it depends on your way of coding or in which you feel comfortable.

For difference beteen BADi/Exit you may search in SCN i'm sure you will get many many examples.i found one for you.

Edited by: Amit Gujargoud on Oct 22, 2008 6:53 AM

0 Kudos

Thank you Amit.

To feel comfortable... It's good comment for me

thanks.

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it really depends on situation. at one place you can see all of them. but some time you can find only one like exits. then you cannot avoid using exits. if you have multiple options then try with BADI or enhancements spots. Amit already covered BADI advantages, same advantages you can find for enhancements spot also. only thing is you need to find correct spot.

it totally depends on the transaction and available options.

0 Kudos

Thank you Vijay.

One of the point of view is if I need multipul options or only one thing... I see.

It helps me.

thanks.