Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai frnds

in a text element in smartforms there are 4 fields. if one of the fields is not printed i.e., if it is blank then i have to supress it. eg.,

field1

field2

field4

there is no value for field3

i want to supress this space in text element and print the field 4 in the next line. any suggestions are welcome and full points will be given. thank u

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ateeq,

for any node you can find a condition window , in that u specify the condition that u what to perform.

3 REPLIES 3

dani_mn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ateeq,

Before calling text element You have to check that wheater your field is empty or not, TO do this you have to put a 'ALTERNATIVE' for each text element and check if your field is not emtpy, put your text element in 'TRUE' condition of 'ALTERNATIVE' and don't write anything in 'FALSE' condition.

Do it for your all fields.

Now your space will be supress.

I have done it personally it is working fine.

HOPES IT will work for you.

Regards,

Wasim Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ateeq,

for any node you can find a condition window , in that u specify the condition that u what to perform.

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use any of the solutions mentioned earlier i.e. 'Alternate condition' or the 'condition tab in the text node'. If your text node is inside a table you have to use the alternate condition otherwise the column position will not work or you may get some error. If the text node is placed outside a table or template, you can use the condition tab.

Thanks

Vinod