Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform Doubt... Page protection

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi frnds,

i am working on PO smartform. i have changed the standard smartform according to client requirement. here i have placed one footer window size is 6 CM. this should come on last page only i.e. after end of all items of PO. for this i fixed main window before this footer window. assume that Paper size is 29 CM. here i have placed main window till 23 CM after that i have placed footer window ie from 23 to 29 CM. for printing data under footer window i have used command AFTER END OF MAIN WINDOW. this is working fine.

here suppose if the PO having 5 pages of data then in first 4 pages i am wasting 6 CM on bottom. in the last page i am printing footer window.

but the client was not accepting wasting of 6 CM on each page. he was asking to pull the main data till end of each page then display the footer window on last page. if the footer window doesnt fit after printing all items then it should go to next page only.

hope this will be clear for all.

points will be rewarded for helpful answers.

regards,

Balu

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

i think u can assign the footer window as at the end of Main Window in Condition Tab for footer window.

hope this helps.

Regards.

0 Kudos

hi,

i had used that, but the problem is after all items it is printing. suppose if the main window data comes till end of page ie 28 CM then it is overlapping... ie from 23CM to 29 CM footer window also displaying....

hope it is clear for you.

regards,

balu

0 Kudos

HI,

1. OK, extend the main window to the end of page which meets ur rewuirement.

2. place the footer window on the page ( even it overlaps on MAIN window).

3. click on footer window and go to CONDITIONS tab.

there in Output COnditions:

write a condition like:

SFSY-PAGE = SFSY-FORMPAGES

and select at the end of MAIN window check box.

hope it helps..

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi srinu,

thanks for helping me on this.

here we have same problem ie suppose if the last page of main window contains full items... i mean till end of the window it has the items then footer window over lap here.

hope it is clear.

regards

balu

0 Kudos

HI balu,

if u r using table in main window.. then create a footer there and give the Output Option as At the End of Table.

so u can control the footer according to main window.

hope it helps

Regards

0 Kudos

hi,

i did that also. but the problem is when all the items are over.... then it should print immediately.

suppose if the last page have only one item then the footer will go up... i mean the footer will display after the item.

but i need to display the footer only ie after 23 CM.

hope u understood my requirement.

regards,

balu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have to select the radiobutton <i><b>Only After End of the Main Window</b></i> in the conditons tab of footer window. Then it will come immediately after the data is finished.

Regards

Haritha