Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM30 Events - internal table Extract with strange values - Unicode

emanuel_sanchez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We recently migrated our ECC6 system to unicode. After that we are facing an issue when updating a custom table through transaction SM30

We have implemented event 01 - Before saving the data in the database. I'm only trying to update fields uname, time and timlo.

The problem is that when cheking values in internal tables EXTRACT AND TOTAL, I get strange values.

Like this

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Kind regards!

Thanks in advance!!

Emanuel

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wich type is the field that are getting the strange characters?

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for oyur quick reply.

Internal tables total and Extract are character type. Field getting the strange characters is CURR 13 DEC 2 in the database table (Data element J_1BEXBASE)

Regards!

0 Kudos

Using field symbols <VIM_TOTAL_STRUC> and <VIM_EXTRACT_STRUC> resolved the issue.

thanks anyway!

Regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the odds of this? I had exactly the same problem and am in the process of writing a blog with how I solved it.

Is you TMG based on a transparent table? If so, try createing a maintenance view and create a new TMG based on the view. You will be able to copy most of the code from the old to the new event.

Rob