Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skips PERFORM in normal execution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario :

ALV display of output has a custom button which when clicked

brings to the below mentioned piece of code based on the check for the SY_UCOMM.

PERFORM f_local_account_criteria..

SORT t_tmp1_output BY saknr

zfxxfieldval.

During normal working it skips the perform and hence the internal table t_tmp1_output which has values appended in the perform

has 0 entries.

But when a debug point is placed on the perform and normal F5 is done till one enters the PERFORM , it then does the operation inside the perform and the internal table has values.

Please help in case you have encountered anything as such and resolved it ...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subodh,

There seems to be an problem with the filling up of the internal table as when you go in debug mode it gets time to fill up the itab and when normal run is done it does not get enough time. I was facing the same problem and 'WAIT' worked for me. You can try using a 'WAIT UP TO 1 SECONDS' at the point before the Perform. Let me know if this code works.

Regards,

Pritesh Shah

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subodh,

There seems to be an problem with the filling up of the internal table as when you go in debug mode it gets time to fill up the itab and when normal run is done it does not get enough time. I was facing the same problem and 'WAIT' worked for me. You can try using a 'WAIT UP TO 1 SECONDS' at the point before the Perform. Let me know if this code works.

Regards,

Pritesh Shah

0 Kudos

Wow .. it worked .. the fact that it was giving the required output in debug and not when run on F8 must have helped

run that PERFORM when 'WAIT UP TO 1 SECONDS" was put in ...

Many thanks ...

Cheers,

Subodh S.Rao