Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short dump - No empty keys allowed in GUI mode

nishanthbhandar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have designed a custom transaction which is giving a dump sometimes but not always.A popup appears with the message that 'No empty keys are allowed in GUI mode'. If anyone has any idea as to what this means then please let me know.

Cheers

Nishanth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i guess your program is using some kind of control and the error is thrown by the control. what does the transaction do. tell us breifly what is there withing the program - key objects.

Regards

Raja

4 REPLIES 4

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i guess your program is using some kind of control and the error is thrown by the control. what does the transaction do. tell us breifly what is there withing the program - key objects.

Regards

Raja

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the inputs.The transaction works orders and provides an ALV interface for the user to perform actions.The screen has been designed with some applications in the application toolbar and three ALV grids and an ALV tree.The transaction looks similar to that of ME21N except that the display is completely in ALV form.The ALV's have been created on OOPS concepts.

By what i figure , there seems to be a problem with the GUI.I have found that the root cause of the problem is because of failure of the FM OLE_FLUSH_CALL.I am not able to proceed further than this.

Cheers

Nishanth

0 Kudos

i am sure that you havent filled the ALV tree tables properly. thats the cause for this issue.

(for example check OSS note no. 582645 - this one is for report painter but you can understand the reason for this error)

just for a test case comment out the portion where you have ALV tree you will not have this problem.

Regards

Raja

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nishanth!

If your problem occurs only sometimes and you yourself can't reproduce it - maybe the GUI-version of the other user is just (too) old.

Be sure to work with same (newest) version for the GUI.

Regards,

Christian