Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending XML from ABAP using WEB Service 6.20 to an external server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone help me to send XML file from WAS 6.20 using ABAP withouut XI?

I am trying to send an XML file to an external server from ABAP. I have created the RFC destination in SM59 with address. I am able to make connection to the host but the whole XML file is not delivered to the receiving.

Thanks,

Wilson

6 REPLIES 6

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you want to push the XML file to the external system

or

the external system will pull the xml file from your system

0 Kudos

I ended up at this when searching for the same issue. In my case, I am trying to push the XML file into an external server using ftp.

I could write the file but the file is not created properly.

0 Kudos

I am pushing the file to an external system.

Thanks,

Wilson

former_member214999
Participant
0 Kudos

Wilson if you are pushing it then webservice is not going to work. If you create a webservice other system should be calling it to pull it. In your case you can user FTP command or save it to App server and have a unix script polling this directory which will send it to other system.

0 Kudos

Thanks, I will try this option.

Wilson

0 Kudos

if you want to push, then the other system should have some mechanism to receive it, they can be ftp location, http point, or a webservice. check with external system what do they support.

based on what the external system can support , we can come up with further suggestions.