Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending SMS from SAP

PritamKunal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I Would like to write a code in which after any event i want to send a SMS to a particular mobile number with my own content of SMS.

I would like to know what type of authorization in SAP i will be needing for the same, and what is the procedure to write the code. I mean logic to communicate outside SAP.

Can anyone help me for this?

Thanks in Advance

Pritam

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Seefollowing link:

Reward points if helpful

Regards.

Srikanta Gope

jaideeps
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hi,

it is possible ...

check out this blog..

/people/durairaj.athavanraja/blog/2005/07/12/send-sms-to-india-from-abap

thanks

jaideep

*reward points if useful..

0 Kudos

Hi Jiadeep,

It is useful but i am not able to implement it, as it is telling like

"<Status>Please enter correct from email address to send this message</Status>"

have you ever tried to implement it? If yes did you get the same message?

i have given my mail id and my mobile number itself.

Thanks

Pritam

0 Kudos

hi,

i tried with abap part..its working..

but when i configure to that i dont find any options related to certificate validation etc..its better you can post a message to the author of this blog..

thanks

jaideep

*reward points if useful

0 Kudos

Hi Jaideep

could you please help me for the web link that you had added in your program, so that i can try it manually without SAP. Because i think there is some problem with configuration of web services or something that is giving problem.

Thanks

Pritam

0 Kudos

hi pritam,

currently it shows the server is busy...

http://www.webservicex.net/WCF/ServiceDetails.aspx?SID=20

recently i found this web site providing free sms..you need to register and login with user id and password..that is working 5ne...

www.smskwik.com

thanks

jaideep

*reward points if usefulll

0 Kudos

Hi

SMSKWIK is working fine. but that needs a login user id and password.

How will you implement it in through SAP? I mean, we need to give one more user id and password parameter in selection screen? and more ever how will we pass it in string while connecting it with http client?

Thanks

Pritam

0 Kudos

HI,

suppose you have logged in with ur id and password and then you send a sms form the site...copy the URL and then manipulate it...currently am on vaccation..i will soon find u solution when i back..

thanks

jaideep