Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send the Japense Text file in the "CSV" format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I m facing an Issue regarding the Japense text in the internal table. then we need to convert it into CSV format and send it through the mail .

1. I had used the approach using the content_hex instead of contents_bin in the FM "SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1".

but junk character come in the excel, while checking in the txn : SOST.

2. I had also used the class cl_bcs , for sending the excel. The file opened in the SOST ,shoews the proper japanese text properly, but didnt opened at the business end . giving the ERROR of "This is not the CSV FILE ".

is there any possiblity or code so that we can send the CSV format file with Japenese text.

Thanks in advance..

Saurabh Goel

5 REPLIES 5

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check program BCS_EXAMPLE_7

Source code line 47, just change the file extension to .txt

then append some japanese characters to maintext or into lv_string in routine create_content.

It will work fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh ,

How many columns you are having ?

if you are having more than one column just do the concatenation separated by Comma.

Concatenate Column1 Column2 and Column2 separated by ','.
append to ITAB

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im sorry ...my suggestion will not work

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please read Note 1151258 - Error when sending Excel attachments

It explains that you should save the file in utf-16le encoding, and add a byte order mark (BOM) at the beginning of the file so that MS Office can read the file correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

got the solution

using hte class CL_BCS