Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security in Defence and Aerospace industry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can any body tell me what are the special requirements in SAP security in a defence and aerospace industry.

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bullet-proof ALV grids and a daisy-cutter in the FD01 exit to activate certain special fields of KNA1...

0 Kudos

>

> Bullet-proof ALV grids and a daisy-cutter in the FD01 exit to activate certain special fields of KNA1...

LOL! Julius, you just made my day!

To the poster, what SAP modules are you implementing?

0 Kudos

PP, SD , MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

lol .... it doesn't get any better than that forsure. Will .................. [catia jobs|http://www.ctsinternational.com/]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitthal,

I hope this response isn't too late to be of some use.

The requirements to meet Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) compliance are pretty stringent and the security solutions from SAP were fairly incomplete when I last worked with IS-A&D .

The answer is going to depend on what you are using A&D for. If it's for aircraft maintenance (MRO) then the main requirements from a CAA perspective are around servicability of components and declaration of components as servicable for aircraft etc... The SAP standard solutions need to be enhanced to include encryption to allow digital signing of these servicability delclarations. There are quite a few gaps.

Happy to discuss further if you want to get in touch.

Best Regards,

Richard Hunt