Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

search process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement wherein i have to enhance the search process.The requirement is that when the user types the acronym for the customer the full name of the customer should appear and vice versa.

also the search process should have a facility where if a word is typed then similar names should appear from which the user chooses one.for example if the user types 'logic' then all the names starting with that word should appear(the general way is logic and F4).can anyone help me out.

also i have a question if it is possible to implement fuzzy search in SAP.if so please help me out.

thanks in advance

Sandeep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sridhar_k1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP provided a customer Fuzzy search help linked to search help DEBI (check in XD02 customer dropdown) but it needs a third pary software, check oss note 176559.

REgards

Sridhar

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Sandeep

Check the following Code

REPORT ZTEST_SDN1.

TABLES : MARD.

DATA: BEGIN OF IT_MARD OCCURS 0,

WERKS LIKE MARD-WERKS,

END OF IT_MARD.

DATA : T_RETURN TYPE STANDARD TABLE OF DDSHRETVAL WITH HEADER LINE.

parameters : P_WERKS LIKE MARD-WERKS.

AT SELECTION-SCREEN ON VALUE-REQUEST FOR P_WERKS.

SELECT WERKS FROM MARD UP TO 10 ROWS INTO table IT_MARD.

CALL FUNCTION 'F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST'

EXPORTING

RETFIELD = 'WERKS'

DYNPPROG = SY-REPID

DYNPNR = '1000'

DYNPROFIELD = 'P_WERKS'

VALUE_ORG = 'S'

VALUE = 'LOGIC'

TABLES

VALUE_TAB = IT_MARD

RETURN_TAB = T_RETURN

EXCEPTIONS

PARAMETER_ERROR = 1

NO_VALUES_FOUND = 2

OTHERS = 3.

VALUE = 'LOGIC'

here you will give any search criteria for Value Parameter

Regards

Sreeni

0 Kudos

Hi Ponnadi,

can you please explain me how it exactly works i.e. if i give an acronym will it fetch the full name and vice versa.

Thanks

Sandeep

0 Kudos

Hai do you run the code what i was given

just execute that code

in the selection screen you will get the 'LOGIC' string where ever find in the parameter from the table

for the time being just remove the value parameter you will get 10 values

then you will add the Value parameter in the F.M then it will retrive accoding to your search criteria

Regards

Sreeni

sridhar_k1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP provided a customer Fuzzy search help linked to search help DEBI (check in XD02 customer dropdown) but it needs a third pary software, check oss note 176559.

REgards

Sridhar