Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search help

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I want to only display tables names that begin with Z for the search help, how am I suppose to do that?

Plz give codes as examples.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If it is a standard help you can use 'Search help exit', go to se11, in search help select the standard help.

After that, in 'Search help exit' write a Z_FUNCTION_MODULE in which you can write the logic to display tables names that begin with Z.

This Z_FUNCTION_MODULE should be a copy of a standard search help exit, for example: F4UT_SH_SIC_GET_NEW_CONNECTORS , in order to respect the logic, parameters, ...

Then in 'DISP' step you can modify the data in RECORD_TAB in order to only show tables (entries for RECORD_TAB) which name starts with Z*.

I hope it will help you.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

for u r requirement if it is module pool write

process on value request

write one module and field name

if it is executable

at selection screen on value request fieldname

plzz reward if usefull

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If it is a standard help you can use 'Search help exit', go to se11, in search help select the standard help.

After that, in 'Search help exit' write a Z_FUNCTION_MODULE in which you can write the logic to display tables names that begin with Z.

This Z_FUNCTION_MODULE should be a copy of a standard search help exit, for example: F4UT_SH_SIC_GET_NEW_CONNECTORS , in order to respect the logic, parameters, ...

Then in 'DISP' step you can modify the data in RECORD_TAB in order to only show tables (entries for RECORD_TAB) which name starts with Z*.

I hope it will help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried doing the function module but I got this error with the codes of my function module at my picture at this link.

[http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/8982/errorbl9.png]

Can someone tell me what is the problem and give me the codes as example?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already solve this problem. Thnx!