Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Help not giving output unless pressing 'Enter'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

In my screen I have two fields; one for MATNR & another for ExciseNumber. I have written a search help for Excise Number by calling the standard function F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST. The output of this search help shall be restricted or filtered by the selection of MATNR.

The problem is that I don't get any values in this search help unless I press 'Enter' after selecting the material in the MATNR field.

Please suggest how to overcome this situation.

Regards,

Alok.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I think enter or any user command needed for this because until u dont give user command it will not go in PAI of screen and u cant get the second field according to first field's output.

Hope it is helpful to u.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I think enter or any user command needed for this because until u dont give user command it will not go in PAI of screen and u cant get the second field according to first field's output.

Hope it is helpful to u.

0 Kudos

Thanks Dhwani for giving a thought to my problem. I too agree with what you've written, but I've done it in past..but how I am not able to recall now.

Anyways thanks a lot..

Regards,

Alok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think what you are looking for is function module DYNP_VALUES_READ - in your "on value request" triggered by F4 you can get the values from the screen and build your own call to 'F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST' with the list of entries that match the reduced criteria. You can also use DYNP_VALUES_UPDATE to write F4 results back into multiple fields on the screen e.g. fill in customer name and address after an F4 on customer number... see

for more info in this.

Jonathan