Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Sales Order with serial numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all,

I want to create a Sales Order (in 4.6 C) with serial numbers info attached to the items.

Today I do it like this:

1. Create the order with BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFORMDAT2

2. Then add the serials to the already saved SO (with batch-input, hmm, I know, but quick & dirty)

This approach has a problem: the SO is printed automatically, and the output is pulled upon first save. This means that the serials will never be printed automatically (even if the functionality exists in the printing program & SapScript), because, at the moment of the first save, the SO does not contain any serial numbers yet!

The second output (pulled manually) will ofcourse contain the serials...

I'm looking for a way to add the serials to the SO before actually saving it. I think BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 is of no help, in this case.

Grateful for all suggestions...

Thanks,

Bogdan

Message was edited by: Bogdan Cioc

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not create a wrapper for the bapi, which will generate the serial nos and then call the BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2, passing it the serial no. info along with everything else?

Hope this helps.

Sudha

0 Kudos

Because BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFORMDAT2 does not accept serial number info. as input parameters...

Or does it?

Bogdan