Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen enhancement does not work after system relocation

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have to extend the PRPS table for a customer and create the screen enhancement. Previously a system change was made and it is now being developed in a new namespace. The enhancement I am supposed to make was copied from the legacy system (still using the old namespace), but does not work. I could not understand why. Also the rebuilding to a minimal functionality ( enhancement + screen, without any further logic) did not work. Since I am supposed to migrate to the new namespace and I can't get the old implementation to work, I deleted the enhancements and wanted to start over in my own package (+ new project in cmod, ...). But if I create the enhancements (ci_prps, screen 700) now, they will be created in the old package that was used before. Furthermore, I am not allowed to edit the screens that are created in the old package.

About any hints what I overlook or how I can proceed I would be grateful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GK817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As screen is imported from other system, probably original system for these objects is still old system. Check in Goto -> Object Directory entry. You will have to change original system entry to your new system to edit them. You can change original system using transaction SE03.

Best would be to delete all related objects and create them again. I don't see any reason why system should force you to use old package. Make sure package and objects namespace is aligned.

Gaurav

1 REPLY 1

GK817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As screen is imported from other system, probably original system for these objects is still old system. Check in Goto -> Object Directory entry. You will have to change original system entry to your new system to edit them. You can change original system using transaction SE03.

Best would be to delete all related objects and create them again. I don't see any reason why system should force you to use old package. Make sure package and objects namespace is aligned.

Gaurav