Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP user company address

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just created a new client and logged onto it with the SAP* user so that I can create an administration user for setting up CUA.

It's a brand new client so I have to define the SAP user company address, but when I click on the drop down arrow for the country key, it says no values found. Is this characteristic of new clients? How can I get the address defined? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

You can copy clients in different ways:

- empty (-> your way?)

- only customizing

- customizing and data

Depending on your goal, you should at least create copies with customizing.

Regards,

Christian

11 REPLIES 11

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

You can copy clients in different ways:

- empty (-> your way?)

- only customizing

- customizing and data

Depending on your goal, you should at least create copies with customizing.

Regards,

Christian

0 Kudos

Hi,

In SCC4, I tried creating (not copying) a new client with the client Role CUSTOMIZING. And I still had no values in the company creation section. Is this what you mean?

The only copy I have available for copy is 000 and 001 which is the customizing client. I am unable to log in to client 001 with sap*/pass . And client 000 is a production client, so therefore it will not let me copy.

How can I "copy" a customizing client? Thanks!

0 Kudos

Try SCCL, that's designed for copying from reference client 000 and should be used to create test clients and so on.

There is a long documentation available for this transaction, too. (F1 on TA-code, it's in Tools - Administration - Client Administration - Client Copy)

0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks for all your help. When I do SCCL, it still says, "Target client is productive and protected against client copy".

Is this still supposed to be for client 000. Should I make changes to client 000 which will allow me to copy? Thanks again.

-Vu

0 Kudos

Also, client 000 is listed as SAP Reference, not Production.

0 Kudos

Hi Vu!

I think, now I can track your problem.

Please check in SCC4, which setting client 000 has in field T000-CCCATEGORY (or directly with SE16).

Default (and correct) value is SAP Reference. If it's different in your system - deep ****. You should change this value back to SAP Reference (that's easy).

But whoever made this change, used this client for further changes - bad idea. Let's just hope, there is no mess.

There is no need to mark on client as productive - especially development and tests systems don't have this, only in production systems this setting makes sense.

Afterwards your problem should be gone - let's see.

Regards,

Christian

0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Nope, Client 000 is still SAP reference and executing SCCL doesn't work. It still says "Target client is productive and protected against client copy".

How is one supposed to copy a client with all the data to setup CUA if I can't even get a simple client copy to work.

-Vu

0 Kudos

Ok. I may have got my steps crossed. Here's what I've just done.

I created a new client in client administratrion. I logged into my new client (200) with SAP*/PASS and executed SCCL.

I chose my new client 200 to be the TARGET and I choose client 000 to be the source. Hopefully this will copy client 000 INTO client 200.

Is that right?

0 Kudos

Before I had client 000 as the TARGET and my new client as the SOURCE. argh.

0 Kudos

Hi Vu,

sounds like you fixed your problem. Fine.

I never did a copy before, but generally: with SCC1 being in target client is required - for all other actions I would asume login in source client. I asume, SCCL works with non-existing targets (-> you create target with copy function, not in two steps).

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi on the same line, I want to create a client copy but using a faster way

Goal: Create a second client copy on TST

1. Take the Prod tape back up that has one client

2. Make changes to some system file ( which I dont know )

3. restore the client which will create a new client on the same instance on TST.

would like to know step 2 and 3.

let me know