Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap script selecting only one printer.

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ,
I am facing 1 issue, need your suggestions.
from the Z program i am calling .. one Sapscript. using FM:OPEN_FORM
Then sp01 one spool is generating. before generating SPOOL , it is asking which printer like below.
Just for testing, selected 3 printer names for 3 times. But spool is showing one printer name

CALL FUNCTION 'OPEN_FORM'
EXPORTING form = irldrc-formu
device = 'PRINTER'
language = sy-langu
options = itcpo
dialog = ' '
IMPORTING result = itcpp.

but If i see the SP01, Why it is selecting only Print Destination Nirvana Created
Like below it is showing. Any idea why it is showing like below every time.

Spool attributes.

8 REPLIES 8

gdey_geminius
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kali,

The script is been called from custom program or standard program through config.

I found below existing thread. It will be helpful if your issue is related to the mention industry.

https://answers.sap.com/questions/653415/default-print-output-device-settings.html

Thanks,

Gourab

Script is calling from z program. While calling form , i checked it .. No printer name there... only properties.. Immediate is there... have not seen any other things...and i am checking above one... Under user profile.. there is one printer default is there.. If i make it empty also... in sp01.. showing diff printer name. means... user profile imagine there is no default printer now i am selecting "local" printer name. but in sp01... showing always nirvana only...
for above thread.. remaining options i will check it.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You only show the log of the Output Request, but not the Spool Request attributes where the selected printer is shown.

Are you saying that the Spool Request printer corresponds to your choice, but you wonder why the Output Request log shows a "strange message"?

Or do you mean the Spool Request printer is always the same value, whatever your choice?

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Or do you mean the Spool Request printer is always the same value, whatever your choice?

Yes, Sandra.... If i select 3 printer names, each time, in sp01 it is showing only nirvana only....

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then it's a bug, but it's so basic that it's very surprising (did you check the SAP notes?)

Could you paste a screenshot the Attributes of the Spool Request, with the output device/printer selected, to help us confirm to you that it's a bug?

former_member196331
Active Contributor

hi, Spool Attributes i was updated in the main question. Plz check it.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

Thanks.

Could you confirm the actual question?

1. In the print dialog, what output device do you select? LPRD17COPYH?
  2. In the spool request, what output device do you see? LPRD17COPYH?
  3. LPRD17COPYH is handled by Output Management System (RDI format -> StreamServe)
  4. I guess your question is why the basis configuration sends to "nirvana"? Can't you ask your Basis team?

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1)In the print dialog, what output device do you select? LPRD17COPYH?
I am selecting different name like "local" , "lp01"

2)In the spool request, what output device do you see? LPRD17COPYH?
"LPRD17COPYH" this one i am seeing.

3)ok.
4)I will ask to basis team.