Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GRC Process Control&Risk Management export/import data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have two systems SAP GRC DEV and SAP GRC PRO. I would like to export all the information related to Process Control and Risk Management from SAP GRC PRO and import it to my SAP GRC DEV system. I know that there is a tool into System Administration menu that i can perform all this tasks but i'm not sure about how to do it.

Could you please provide me more information about it?

Thank you in advanced!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rajeshwari_akkamgari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

As Paul said, backword transport is not possible. In addition to CLM, you can also use MDUG(Master Data Upload Generator) tool.

For Automated Monitoring Data, you can transport the same through 'Data Source and Business Rule Transport' (check SPRO F1 help of this node for more information).

regards,

Rajeshwari

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you clarify?  Are you talking about master data or configuration?  The transport flow for configuration is from DEV to Production; you can't go backwards.  If you want to get you Production configuration into a DEV environment, or QA, you would usually do a client copy. 

If you are talking about moving master data from Production to DEV, GRC 10 has a tool called Content Lifecycle Management (CLM).  It is a separate add-in and there is a guide for installation and use available. 

rajeshwari_akkamgari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

As Paul said, backword transport is not possible. In addition to CLM, you can also use MDUG(Master Data Upload Generator) tool.

For Automated Monitoring Data, you can transport the same through 'Data Source and Business Rule Transport' (check SPRO F1 help of this node for more information).

regards,

Rajeshwari

0 Kudos

Hi Paul/Rajeshwari,

First of all thank you for you responses.

Paul: I'm talking about master data transport. It would be only possible with CLM? There isn't a similary functionality than in 5.3 to export data in a .txt file and then upload it in other system?.

Rajeshwari: It could be possible to download information from PROD to a MDUG template and then upload it into a DEV system?. Not doing manuallly.

Thank you!

0 Kudos

hi Sara,

You can try generating the template and upload that in DEV using Tcode GRFN_MDUG.

But be aware that the existing data gets overwritten with this upload.

You can refer to MDUG User Guide which is attached to SAP note 1563286 before proceeding.

regards,

Rajeshwari

0 Kudos

Hi Rajeshwari,

But is it possible to generate a template with all the data that is stored at the PROD system?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

What kind of data is uploaded through this tool is mentioned in the User Guide. You can check the SAP note 1563286.

For Automated control data, as conveyed you can transport the same through 'Data Source and Business Rule Transport' (check SPRO F1 help of this node for more information).

regards,

Rajeshwari

0 Kudos

MDUG is used only for initial loading of master data.  It cannot be used to extract master data from one system to another.  Only CLM will do that, and it is only for master data.  As mentioned, the automated rules can be be transported using the functions in the IMG.  Transaction data, e.g. cases, cannot be transported between systems.  That is why, if you want to replicate your Production system in a QA system, you would need to do a client copy. 

saksham
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

Kindlly also refer to the SAP note 1621571 to gather better usability iinformation around Content Lifecycle Management(CLM).

Kind Regards,

Saksham Minocha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thank you for your responses.

Thank you.