Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap abap modularization techniques subroutines .

0 Kudos

what is the use of (using,changing) in subroutines?

.it is getting difficult to understand and there are so many changes please.

i dunno where can i use it and how is it different from function module

6 REPLIES 6

former_member1716
Active Contributor

kashif saif,

Kindly remove SAP CLOUD PLATFORM Tag from the question, this is not related to the same.

matt
Active Contributor

FORMs are obsolete. Use classes/methods or function modules.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

It must have been asked a number of times! Technically no difference between USING and CHANGING, as explained in the documentation, it's just intended to humans, so that to know if the parameters can be potentially changed or not...

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor

There are only questions similar to this that has been asked

Here is the link for your reference which has got a good answer

https://answers.sap.com/questions/2651692/difference-between-using--changing-in-perform-subr.html

Hope that helps!

0 Kudos

This is explained in the documentation and it is literally just the meaning of the words "using" and "changing". I honestly can't understand how this could be not clear. The only confusing part is that SAP allows to change a parameter that was passed with USING, but that is also covered in the documentation, as Sandra noted.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oops, my bad, as mentioned by Vinita Kasliwal, there is a difference if the parameter is passed by VALUE, and it's explained in the documentation.