Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order - user exit at item level

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new in writing user-exits. Pls do share your exp !

When creating a sales order I encounter error, system says "Enter batch number".

We basically create batch when doing GoodsReceive for Production Orders. At this time the Material Revision is copied as Batch into MCHB table.

For example:

Material ABC has the below,

Rev Batch

A A

B B

C blank

If I create a SO for part ABC for Rev C, it does not allow me becos batch does not exists. But my SO should be allowed to be copy C into the batch field in VBAP.

Pls let me know if we must create custom user-exit rather than modifying std.SAP user-exit for Sales Order processing (MV45AFZZ).

Is there any contraints using the batch field in SO? As I came to know that the problem is when creating a Purchase Order it allows to enter free text in batch field but SO doesn’t allow. Is't?

Is there any standard way to config the system such that SO will bypass the existence checking of the batch

Pls share !

Pri

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

try writing ur code in the user exit USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP of the program MV45AFZZ..

hope ur code will read Rev C and pass it to VBAP-CHARG..

reward points if helpful

0 Kudos

Hi, but inplace of Batch we only enter the Revision of the material. Becos rev-batch relationship is 1-1, meaning is rev is A, the batch will be A too.

We just use the batch field to represent the revision

Rev Batch

A A

B B

C blank

I can enter A in SO item batch field because system check that batch A exists

I can enter B in SO item batch field because system check that batch B exists

But I can’t enter C in SO item batch field because system check that batch C doesn’t exist

Wondering how the system might know the batch is actually my revision. Not sure if I use User EXIT to move “C” into VBAP-CHARG, will it give me error message because it will find out that there is no C batch

Your views !