Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Row wise summation to find out grand total

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a requirement where i need to find out the grand total from the total field row wise.

Name       id        project     hrs worked from date  . . . . . . . . .  .hrs worked to date                grandtotal

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24.05.2014                                                    24.06.2014

Rahul     123           xyz                 8            4         3         7.............................     1

Rahul     123           abc                 1            0         1         3                                   2

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total                                             9             4         4          10                               3              30

Total is already calculated. I need to find the grand total row wise from total(the one that is highlighted).

Also the from date and to date is given by user so based on that it should be implemented.Please suggest how to implement this.

thanks in advance

Dilit Thakkar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make addition of each column and put into grand total and apply the do_sum in fieldcatalog for field grand_total.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make addition of each column and put into grand total and apply the do_sum in fieldcatalog for field grand_total.

rajkumarnarasimman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilit,

Do the Following actions to have Grand Total in ALV.

Steps:

1. Create the field in the final strucure 'G_TOTAL'.
  2. Calculation
    1. G_TOTAL = HRS_WORKED + FROM_DATE  + HRS WORKED + TO_DATE.
  3. Assign Field catalog for G_TOTAL Field with DO_SUM = 'X'.

Regards

Rajkumar Narasimman