Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Transaction Call with batch Input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

I created an RFC function module. I call this function module in R/3. Inside this function I call an APO transaction with batch input, because I have to start this transaction with special selection parameters:

CALL TRANSACTION P_TCODE USING BDCDATA

MODE P_MODE

UPDATE P_UPDATE

MESSAGES INTO P_MESSTAB.

This works fine, the transaction is displayed. Unfortunately the transaction is started with the RFC user and not with the R/3 user. This means that user specific cutomizing from the R/3 user, e.g. display settings, are not used. Instead the RFC user settings are used. This is not requested by the customer.

Is there any way to call this transaction with the R/3 User. (of course is this R/3 user also created in the APO system).

Regards, Edgar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar!

With a fixed remote connection definition, you will always get this result.

But maybe you can work with trusted systems. Then you need a connection, where no user is defined. There was already a question, where login - even for a trusted system connection - was needed, but I hope there were configuration problems. Then I would expect, ever user (which exists in both systems) can open a connection without extra login.

Regards,

Christian

3 REPLIES 3

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

<i>Is there any way to call this transaction with the R/3 User.</i>

I would say no. You can create a background job and assign the user to it, but you are calling a transaction and hence this will not work for you.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar!

With a fixed remote connection definition, you will always get this result.

But maybe you can work with trusted systems. Then you need a connection, where no user is defined. There was already a question, where login - even for a trusted system connection - was needed, but I hope there were configuration problems. Then I would expect, ever user (which exists in both systems) can open a connection without extra login.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Christian:

Though you wrote your answer 5 months ago: perhaps you can remember the headline of the topic dealing with the question you mentioned (concerning the needed login for a trusted system connection)? I can't find it and I have that kind of problem too. Actually I don't think so, but perhaps I have mis-configured something. Maybe it would be helpful to read what was writetn then.

Best Regards,

Axel